Pan African Union Infantry


Or in our universe 'Zanzibarland Republic' Infantry. These are some of the original figures I bought all those years ago finally painted up. I spent a couple of days mulling over how to paint them and what style. I wanted them to be 'near future' but not too over the top, I wanted them gritty and realistic and I wanted to be able to visualise them marching across our TV screens in the year 2040. In the end I settled for a futuristic version of the Portuguese uniforms warn in the African colonial wars of 1961-74. I imagine these are what the troops were originally modelled on seeing as how many of their uniform features are the same, especially the 'casquette-bigeard' type cap with neck piece which I chose to paint green.
Here the notorious Afrikaans mercenary Major Pattison poses for a shot with a Zanzibarland infantryman.

Sniper and anti-vehicle support trooper. Note how the sniper is wearing ther green variation of the Zanzibarland standard infantry fatigues.


An infantry squad posing with their commander. Though their clothing and kit may look dated their weapons and equipment are more than up to the task. One of RofZ main backers is the Peoples Liberation Army and they are roumered to recieve covert funding from a number of other states.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amon Sul

Tor Varden on the cheap. Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the cork.

Heorot