Amon Sul

When I lose my mojo for crafting (it happens) I tend to find myself watching some of the guys on Youtube. One of the people I particularly like at the moment it Nat1 videos. At the end of last year he posted a video where he made a rather spectacular, ruined Weathertop. I got inspired so I bought a couple of sheets of 20mm XPS foam, drew out a rough plan and got shaping.


Starting to take shape. A couple of Mithril miniatures for scale.

After getting the pieces how I wanted, I gave the whole thing a coating of watered down PVA, mixed with black acrylic ink. The whole thing was then painted grey, coated in a wash (made from acrylic ink, ilford rinse aid, acrylic medium and water).

After the wash was dried, I got to dry brushing. Three layers in all, grey, grey mixed with cream, and a light highlight with cadmium white.

It's mounted on a cork floor tile, painted up, with a scattering of foam flock.

Overall I'm more than happy with the result.


Strider and the Hobbits, taking it for a spin.


Got a nice comment from Nat1 when I posted it to my instagram too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tor Varden on the cheap. Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the cork.

Heorot