Tor Varden – Part 2

 

Just checking the size and proportion of the walls.

Here's the same three walls with a test coat of paint. I say test coat, I never had any intention of repainting them once I got going with the walls. The doors are laser cut, from Blotz. I had them first and cut all the doorways to size.

A WIP shot at the sweat shop. I worked out it doing them in batches of 9/10 was the optimum balance of soul crushing repetition vs actually seeing any progress being made on the project.

It's starting to come together.

The walls looked a little too clean for a ruined tower that was supposed to have been abandoned 80 years previous, so I decided to mix up a wash to render them with. I watched a couple of videos on Youtube, the best being one by Black Magic Craft, and a strikingly similar video by Lukes APS

Halfway through the washing process. I think this was taken a little late in the evening, hence the walls looking a bit darker than in reality.

So we didn't have to play on a grassy floor, I bought this mat from Artistic Impressions, called Ancient Ruin. The idea being it would work well as the floor to some old ruins, but could also double as the desolated earth of the Shadow Deep later on in the campaign.

A close-up detail of the mat.

All the walls laid out for Tor Varden. It was at this point I realised I'd miscounted and we were two walls short.


Christening the walls in their first game, more pictures here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amon Sul

Tor Varden on the cheap. Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the cork.

Heorot