New Period

Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, my new career in marketing leaves little time in the evenings (or none on a busy week) for frivolous things like making models and painting miniatures. However I have managed to get a few bits finished. The modern Africa bits are still going, I've got a Ferret and AML 90 half done, as are the moderns and SCW. I've also been repainting some of my GZG scifi miniatures, but lately, after re-watching Band of Brothers and seeing the new Airfix resin buildings, I have gotten back into WW2. I say back into, I did start collecting a few tanks and plastic miniatures a while back, but it didn't amount to much. I think the SCW overtook it. So anyway, I'm in the middle of building up a force for Too Fat Lardies TW&T (nice name). I've got most of a platoon of Brits done, and nearly as many Germans. The infantry figures are all from Platoon 20 and the tanks are mainly armourfast, but also there's a Raventhorpe Churchill tank, an Airfix SDKFZ 222 and a couple of armoured cars from Hinchcliff. Unfortunately, I had to take these photo's indoors and resorted o using the camera's flash. As such the miniatures look much more shiny than in real life and the tanks look much darker, which is a shame. But, finally, it is some new images and it is a new post!




Comments

Monty said…
Great stuff, Ed! I am (among other things) a 'WW2 bod' and will look up the Airfix buildings you describe. Trouble is, I have lots on the go, but like you, very little time to complete anything...oh, well...
A great period to collect & game, and a great scale. That looks like some of the good old Dapol buildings there- I have a few myself.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
jacksarge

Popular posts from this blog

Amon Sul

Tor Varden on the cheap. Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the cork.

Heorot